The Agita Mundo Network stimulates research, encourage the dissemination of information on the health benefits of physical activity and effective strategies to increase physical activity, advocate for physical activity and health, and support the development of national and local programs and networks for physical activity promotion.
Specific Objctives of Agita Mundo Network:
- Advocate for physical activity and health through an annual Move for Health Day, other community based and community wide events, and informing policy makers of the importance of physical activity to public policy.
- Widely disseminate a clear, simple and consistently delivered message on the health and social benefits of at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity every day.
- Stimulate the creation of regional and international networks for physical activity promotion and provide linkages between these networks.
- Promote and disseminate about innovative approaches to develop alliances around the world to promote physical activity and good health.
- Share good practices and effective strategies and programs through websites, meetings, workshops and publications.