“We will work with a range of partners to increase the level of physical activity in Scotland”
Specifically, during 2012, collectively and individually, all AHP Directors pledge to work with the Scottish Government Health Directorate Physical Activity Champion, AHP National Leads and other key stakeholders to:
- Agree a form of questioning and brief intervention for each patient, every time and embed this in all AHP services
- Establish in each Health Board at least one partnership with local authority leisure services and exercise co-ordinators promoting community physical activity
- Explore a national “physical activity” challenge for teams of NHS staff
- Establish ways to capitalise on the legacy of the forthcoming Olympic and Commonwealth Games
- Produce an evidence note on physical activity that summarises the most compelling evidence for the value of physical exercise and promote it for widespread use
- Use social media opportunities to promote the Pledge and physical activity
- Collaborate with Scottish AHP Academic Heads to ensure that the benefits and value of physical activity are reinforced within undergraduate training programmes
- Promote the excellent work of Dr Mike Evans which summarises the evidence so well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaInS6HIGo.
- Ensure that our ‘Pledge’ is a key recommendation within the AHP National Delivery Plan 2012-2015
For further information, please download the full pledge below.